- Monosodium Glutamate (MSG)
- Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein or Hydrolyzed Protein (such as yam extract, beet extract, soy extract, corn extract, barley extract, malt extract etc; anchovy extract)
- Autolyzed yeast extract (Sometimes labelled vegetarian natural flavours ie: Tofurky products for sure, I emailed the company and they were helpful and provided me with the information I needed).
- Yeast extract
- Yeast culture
- Disodium inosinate
- Disodium guanylate
Glutamate can also be hidden under the following labels:
(For example: it may contain autolyzed yeast extract.)
- Natural Flavors
- Vegetarian natural flavors
1) Foods to watch out for
Prepared stocks/stock cubes or bouillon cubes; condiments ie: barbecue sauce and salad dressings; canned, frozen, or dried prepared food; common snacks ie: flavoured jerky, flavoured potato chips (crisps) and flavoured tortilla chips; and seasoning mixtures.
2) Beauty products to watch out for
Face creams, shampoo’s and conditioners.
*There are more ingredients on other websites. The ingredients above are the one’s I am currently familiar. I will add to this page as I keep on researching.